|Job Title: Customer Service Representative||FLSA status: Non-exempt|
|Department: Contact Center||Classification: Administrative|
|Reports to: Director of Contact Center Operations||Supervises: None|
|Minimum Salary: $18.00 hourly||Maximum Salary: $20.00 hourly|
|Schedule: See Below||Work Environment: In Person|
We are looking for those who are available weekdays and weeknights. Extended evening hours to cover 24-hour emergency response needs a plus!
***Must be a resident of New York State***
$250 sign on bonus paid after training!
Customer Service Representatives in DiRAD’s outsourced call center play the important role of being the first point of contact for individuals who call, email or chat on one of DiRAD’s contracted programs. This specific program is to answer/respond to inquiries related to utility services.
Our Customer Service Representatives truly enjoy helping people, solving problems, finding answers, and overall having a positive impact on someone’s day. You should only apply for this opportunity if you can thrive in a fast-paced environment, keep a calm demeanor, work with various forms of communication technologies (phone, email, chat, etc.) and maintain a positive attitude even on extra busy days. Lastly, our Contact Center is a team, which means that you must be happy to jump in as needed and you understand that your reliability is essential to the team’s overall success.
Our Customer Service Representatives contribute to our team by:
- Answering inbound calls, chats, and emails and providing inquiry resolutions in a timely and professional manner while maintaining a goal of 1st call resolution, as well as making outbound calls, as directed.
- Providing accurate and up-to-date responses to all inquiries; utilizing the tools and resources available to stay knowledgeable on each contracted program.
- Educating callers on matters associated with the program, such as system usage and/or navigation, general program requirements, etc.
- Accurately documenting call information in the database to include the issue, action, and resolution.
- Identifying the need for escalation when the inquiry cannot be solved on 1st contact and/or requires a higher level of research.
- Providing callers with a positive experience while supporting compliance expectations for the program(s).
- Meeting Quality Control requirements and other key performance metrics to ensure DIRAD’s success in meeting our clients’ needs, contract requirements and contributing to a positive relationship between the call center and the client.
- Being a reliable team member; consistently showing up for all scheduled shifts, starting shifts on-time and ending shifts at the designated time.
- Assisting leadership with delegated tasks and tickets.
Our Customer Service Representatives handle a high volume of calls daily and have assigned quality and performance metrics to achieve.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Previous experience working in a call center environment, meeting or exceeding customer’s expectations, and meeting performance metrics (preferred).
- In lieu of call center experience, must have previous customer service experience.
- A proven ability to clearly communicate through written and verbal communication channels; able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- A demonstrated ability to interpret resource documentation, workflows, Standard Operating Procedures, and general instructions.
- An aptitude for being able to make quick and accurate decisions.
- A passion for assisting others and having positive interactions with a variety of people daily.
- A track record of being reliable, on-time, and successfully managing your time and priorities.
- A team-oriented attitude with an ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Problem-solving skills; define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
- Previous experience utilizing telephone and basic computer systems as well as internet software.
- Previous experience and/or working knowledge of ticket tracking software and inbound/outbound call center software is a plus!
- Availability to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
The working environment:
- This project requires agents to be in person
Physical efforts required (with or without accommodation):
- Remaining in a stationary position (sitting) up to 75% of the time.
- Constantly operating a computer (typing, using a mouse) and telephone (speaking). An approved headset can be utilized.
- Constantly communicating with callers via telephone and computer who have inquiries or need assistance regarding a program or service. Detailed and important spoken instruction must be conveyed accurately, detailed information is received through oral communication, as well as accurate responses must be typed via email and chat.
- Close visual insight to perform activities on a computer screen to include reading and entering information.
Why join us:
Working at DiRAD Technologies gives you the opportunity to help an established company go to the next level. Although we have had the stability of being around for over 35 years, we are ready to grow and become a well-known leader in our industry.
We offer an environment that is professional yet laid back; a think-tank culture where ideas are freely exchanged and adventures with “bleeding edge” technology are encouraged. Change is mandatory, fancy clothes are optional, and egos are left at the door.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected class.
DiRAD Technologies, Inc. is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities and/or those who have special needs participate in the workforce and are afforded equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at [email protected]