The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority was looking for a call center solution that would streamline and consolidate operations, while improving customer service and efficiency.
The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s (MTA) Business Service Center (BSC) provides centralized human resources services to approximately 78,000 active employees and retirees of the MTA and its agencies. The BSC also provides centralized financial service activities to the MTA and its agencies and vendors. The BSC required an efficient and cost effective IVR/call center platform to integrate with their existing Nortel PBX and Siebel CRM, provide an easy-to-use agent interface, deliver robust reports for key performance statistics, and be VoIP ready.
Leveraging the Genesys PureConnect platform, DiRAD managed the project delivering a world-class contact center — installation, integration, implementation, on-site training and fully managed 24×7 support. As part of the solution, DiRAD developed a customized IVR application that is easy to navigate and ensures an efficient customer service experience for callers. Upcoming projects include Workforce Optimization and a speech-enabled IVR.
The system is integrated with Siebel, providing a rich CTI environment. From the desktop, agents can perform all call control functions and Siebel functions, including transferring and call disposition.
With the IVR/call center platform up and running the MTA saw:
- The BSC has a reliable, scalable best-in-class IVR/call center platform with robust reporting that helps them manage their employees and measure performance.
- The BSC has a phone system that is ready to expand into the enterprise.
- The BSC has the desired self-sufficiency in managing common changes.
Some of the features of this communications solution include:
- Siebel Integration.
- Workforce Management using the built-in Interaction Optimizer.
- Custom Reports deliver exactly what is needed to upper management.