Microsoft has released a preview edition of Skype for Business that provides Cloud PBX with PSTN calling. In addition, PSTN Conferencing is being released in this preview. Select vendors, including DiRAD Technologies, have been invited to participate in the preview along with their customers. This is one of the last steps before the product is released for general availability.
Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling gives Office 365 customers in the U.S. the ability to make and receive traditional phone calls directly from their Skype for Business client, and to manage these calls with features like hold, resume, forward and transfer. While a bit late to the party, Microsoft wants to ensure high-quality calls and a good experience for early adopters. During the preview period, the available features will include:
- Inbound calling with telephone numbers for Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Denver, Austin, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, Orlando,
Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Washington DC, Boston, New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Columbus, Indianapolis, Memphis, and Kansas.
- All users will receive new numbers (so no number porting yet)
- Free US Domestic outbound calling
- Free international calling to most countries, with exceptions
- Supported features: Call hold/resume, Call forwarding, Call transfer, Simul-Ring, Team ring, Delegation
It is expected that many new features will emerge as the product marches towards General Release. If you’re interested in trying out the preview, contact us for information and assistance with getting your site online.